According to the National Association of Realtors, approximately 4,940,000 homes were sold in 2014. If you've recently placed your home on the market or it has been up for sale for several weeks or months, chances are you're looking for creative, simple ways to attract buyers. Real estate marketing might seem complicated, but you don't need to be an expert to come up with imaginative ways to get your home sold. Here are a few simple, creative marketing strategies that will help you get your house noticed:
Create a Sentimental Video
You've created an endless number of happy memories in your home that any potential buyer would love to share. Creating a sentimental video of your home and experiences is a creative, inexpensive way to help potential buyers understand what is so special about your house and family.
Here are a few simple tips to help you create a video of your home and family that will help get buyers excited about living in your house:
- Make Your Home the Star – While you're reminiscing about past birthday parties and Christmas dinners, make sure that you make your house the star of your video. For example, while talking about hanging Christmas stockings on the mantel, make sure to point out that the fireplace is well-maintained or it was recently upgraded or cleaned.
- Only Share Positive Memories – Remember the time your basement flooded or your absent-minded spouse set the kitchen drapes on fire? These memories will make you laugh – but they won't amuse potential buyers. Make sure that all the memories you share feature the house and are happy ones!
- Make Buyers feel Like a Member of the Family – Finally, one of the most important aspects of creating a successful marketing video is to make the potential buyers feel like your house is their house. Speak directly to the camera, involve the viewers in the tour and make sure to thank them for taking the time to tour your home.
Ask your realtor or home selling service to add the video to your listing page and upload the video on social media.
Learn How to Take Photographs like a Professional
The ability to peruse home listing on the internet is one of the perks of being a modern homebuyer. One thing that many homebuyers watch for are listings with several pictures of the home and property. If your current listing only features a few pictures, potential buyers might think you have something to hide.
If you don't have the cash to hire a professional, here are a few tips to help you take amazing interior and exterior pictures of your home:
- Clean out all your excess clutter and stage your home to make it more inviting. For example, hanging drapes that are near the same color as the walls in that room will make it seem bigger.
- Avoid taking pictures in front of or near mirrors. The reflection will make it clear that an amateur homeowner was snapping the photos.
- Shoot the exterior of your home in the morning or early evening. Direct, bright sunlight can draw attention to the flaws on your home's exterior.
- While shooting your home's exterior or yard, make sure to avoid getting your neighbors' homes in the shot – especially if their yards are untidy. The focus of your photos should be your property.
Now that you have several great pictures, make sure to use them in all your marketing materials. For example, create flyers featuring these photos and hang them all over your town.
From making a sentimental video to learning how to take real estate photos like a pro, utilizing fun and creative real estate marketing strategies is a unique way to get your home noticed – and sold! Use these tips and talk with professional real estate selling services for more help and information.